Gifts of your time and talent are critical to our success. Your time is just as valuable as
money and supplies, particularly
if you have a certain skill that we can use! Just like any other facility,
we have repair issues, maintenance issues and things just happen to break down and
fall apart. If you can donate your time to help with these sorts of things,
or with adoption events, special events, dog walking or anything else,
please submit an application!
Please note that we are unable to have court ordered community service performed at our facility.
Age Requirements for Becoming a UCHS Volunteer
- No children under the age of 12 are permitted to volunteer.
- Children 12-15 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- All 16 and 17-year olds must have signed parental consent on their volunteer waiver.
Steps for Becoming a UCHS Volunteer
- Meet the age requirements.
- Submit a volunteer application.
Parents must complete the application for children under 16.
- Attend an orientation session.
- Pay a $20 fee (This fee covers training materials and your UCHS Volunteer t-shirt).
- Attend a training session.
You will be invited to attend a volunteer session after your application is
reviewed by our volunteer coordinator.
Volunteer orientation sessions are normally held on the third Sunday of each month
from 1-3pm at the shelter.
If you don’t receive a response within 72 hours of submitting your application,
please check your spam folder. All applications are responded to.
Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Thank you.