Gifts of your Time and Talent are Critical to our Success|
Your time is just as valuable as money and supplies, particularly if you have a certain skill that we can use! Just like any other facility, we have repair issues, maintenance issues and things just happen to break down and fall apart. If you can donate your time to help with these sorts of things,
or with adoption events, special events, dog walking or anything else, please submit a volunteer application
Age requirements for becoming a volunteer:|
Steps for becoming a volunteer at the Union County Humane Society:
- No children under the age of 12 are permitted to volunteer.
- Children 12-15 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- All 16 and 17-year olds must have signed parental consent on their volunteer waiver.
You will be invited to attend a volunteer session after your application is reviewed by our volunteer coordinator.
Volunteer orientation sessions are normally held the second Tuesday of each month from 6-8pm at the shelter.
If you don’t receive a response within 72 hours of submitting your application, please check your spam folder as all applications are responded to.
- Meet the age requirements.
- Pay the $25 volunteer fee. This fee covers training materials and a volunteer t-shirt. The fee is non-refundable.
However, it will be returned if your application is not approved.
- Submit a volunteer application. (You will be directed to the Application Form after you pay your application fee.)
Parents must complete the application for children under 16.
- Attend an orientation session
Email any questions to Tracey Freeland at email@example.com. Thank you.
We thank the Union and Logan county communities for their willingness to help.