Lost Pets

Act quickly! If you’ve lost your pet, start looking immediately. Always leave recently worn clothing at your front and back doors so the animal can smell its way back. Ask your neighbors to open their garages and sheds in case your pet has become trapped inside. We have also created a form to submit to Union County Humane Society to alert us to the lost pet.
Submit Lost Pet Form
Post Flyers in your Neighborhood and Community
Lost Dog Flyer
Post flyers in the area where the animal was last seen. Make sure your flyer is easy to read, brief and large with an accurate picture and details about identifying markings. Hit the streets and hand the flyers out to everyone and anyone -- people are typically very helpful in looking for a lost pet.
Places to post printed notices:
  • Local grocery stores
  • Community centers
  • Schools
  • Gyms
  • Playgrounds
  • Parks
  • Close Neighborhoods
  • Veterinary offices
  • Traffic intersections

Lost Cat Flyer
Post and Search Online
Search and post reports on Pet FBI's database, and get more tips on what to do and whom to call. Visit their website at PetFBI.org and their Facebook page at facebook.com/petfbi.org

Use your social networks like Facebook or Twitter to post photos, description and your contact information; encourage people to share.

Check out pets at shelters at PetFinder.com.

The Franklin County Auditor is responsible for licensing dogs in Franklin County, and has a lost and found page limited to dogs. Visit doglicense.franklincountyohio.gov/Home/DogeSearch to look for your pooch.
Other Places to Search
Call the Union County Humane Society at 937.642.6716 to ask about your lost pet. Our staff will assist you in looking at the animals currently in our facility. We hold animals that seem to be owned for three full days (not including the day of admission or disposition).

Call Mary Jane Stockdale at 614.471.7397. She is a lost/found service.

Call the Union County Dog Warden at 937.645.4110.

Visit local shelters to look for lost dogs. Ohio statute provides no requirement for the sheltering and holding of stray cats, therefore, most county and municipal governments do not provide for the pick-up and sheltering of cats. As a result, the local animal control facility only provides animal control services and sheltering for dogs.
Don’t Give Up!
Animals who’ve been lost for months or even years have been reunited with their owners. A pet – even an indoor pet – has a better chance of being returned if he/she always wears a collar and an ID tag with your name, address and telephone number. Ask your veterinarian about permanent methods of identification (such as microchips).
For after hours emergencies or stray dogs in-city, please call the Marysville Police at 937.645.7300, for stray dogs out-of-the-city please call Sheriff Dispatch at 937.645.4110.
UNION COUNTY HUMANE SOCIETY | 16540 County Home Rd, Marysville OH 43040 | 937.642.6716 | info@uchspets.org
Copyright © 2022 Union County Humane Society. All rights reserved.