Purpose of Position
Provide exceptional customer experience for clients interested in adopting or surrendering a pet. Counsels the public in selecting pets, processes adoption applications, and explains UCHS adoption and intake policies, requirements, and procedures.
Supports the organizational mission and goals of UCHS by:
- Promoting exceptional customer service for our clientele during all stages of their visit.
- Functioning as a team member at all times by communicating effectively and diplomatically, being approachable and willing to assist co-workers, maintaining a positive and proactive attitude, and promoting interdepartmental communication and cooperation.
- Creating a positive and memorable client experience by exceeding customer expectations and actively increasing customer loyalty.
- Expanding knowledge through continuing education and the willingness to learn new tasks.
- Interact with all animals with compassion and concern for their well-being.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides counseling and support for clients, screens potential adopters, and approves or denies adoption applications.
- Provides general information about the behavior and care of the animals available for adoption.
- Records information related to the intake or outcome of an animal.
- Accurately enters data in animal shelter management software system.
All other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Monitors and reports changes or concerns in animal health or behavior to ED and/or veterinarian, as necessary.
- Cleans, sanitizes, and disinfects animal living environments and public spaces to ensure health and comfort for
animals and people.
- Assist with supervising volunteers and West Central cleaning staff in order to maintain a clean and safe work environment and ensure the humane treatment of all animals.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Must have good customer service and communication skills.
- Must possess basic animal handling skills.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Perform all duties accurately and in a confidential manner.