Open for dog/cat intake surrenders and cat clinic operations!
Send all resumés with cover letter and wage requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download a pdf of this job description
PURPOSE OF POSITION:|
Provide exceptional customer experience for clients interested in adopting or surrendering a pet. Counsels the public in selecting pets, processes adoption applications, and explains UCHS adoption and intake policies, requirements, and procedures.
Supports the organizational mission and goals of UCHS by:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promoting exceptional customer service for our clientele during all stages of their visit.
- Functioning as a team member at all times by communicating effectively and diplomatically, being approachable and willing to assist co-workers, maintaining a positive and proactive attitude, and promoting interdepartmental communication and cooperation.
- Creating a positive and memorable client experience by exceeding customer expectations and actively increasing customer loyalty.
- Expanding knowledge through continuing education and the willingness to learn new tasks.
- Interact with all animals with compassion and concern for their well-being.
- Provides counseling and support for clients, screens potential adopters, and approves or denies adoption applications.
- Provides general information about the behavior and care of the animals available for adoption.
- Records information related to the intake or outcome of an animal.
- Accurately enters data in animal shelter management software system.
All other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Monitors and reports changes or concerns in animal health or behavior to ED and/or veterinarian, as necessary.
- Cleans, sanitizes, and disinfects animal living environments and public spaces to ensure health and comfort for
animals and people.
- Assist with supervising volunteers and West Central cleaning staff in order to maintain a clean and safe work environment and ensure the humane treatment of all animals.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have good customer service and communication skills.
- Must possess basic animal handling skills.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Perform all duties accurately and in a confidential manner.
Sponsored by the Petco Foundation|
THANK YOU TO OUR 2020 KENNEL SPONSORS
Sue Conner & John Schilling |
The Daniels Family |
The Fitz Family |
The Four Paws Resort |
Honda Marysville |
House of Moonshine |
Donna Hughes |
In Loving Memory of Gabby Martin |
The Ingram Family |
John & Janice Oakley
Sherry Robbins |
The Rooter Works Plumbing & Drains |
The Saksa Company |
Cole Shepherd |
Sterling Protective Services, Inc. |
Molly & Maryann Sweeney |
Georgia Tobin |
Ken & Jeannie Stults, Mike & Jannell Stults, Rob & Kathy Grose, Stephanie & Mike Hardiman, Rodger & Connie Zook,
David & Lori Sillanpaa, Marcus & Brittan Caplin, Kory Zook & Kailynn Cerney, and Chris Godley
THANK YOU TO OUR 2020 CAT ROOM SPONSORS
Lynne Bauman Allen & David Allen |
Arnold’s Plumbing & Drain |
Carly LaDu |
Gary & Marcia Lee |
Laurie & Pete Lowe |
Cody & Catrina Slowter |
Interested in becoming a sponsor? CLICK HERE.